Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Tentative Reading List


New years bring new promises and goals. Thoughout the last few weeks I have been thinking about this book-wise. Planning out what I'd love to read and review in 2011 and making sure I have them written out for myself so no book gets forgotten. I'd like to share this list with my readers here. 2011 will be a challenge for me because of a no-buying policy my husband and I have promised each other for the months of January-March. We plan to build up our savings and to create a realistic entertainment / random stuff budget for ourselves. This means no buying any more books until then. To make it easier on myself I've created 3 separate reference lists: those I own, those I can get at the library, and a wishlist. Please remember this is a tentative list. If something no longer interests me, I reserve the right to take it off the list. Conversely, I may also add books to the list and review random books borrowed from family or the library.

I'd love to hear from my readers what other books are out there. What would you recommend I add to the list? Keep in mind I want to review Indie books and underrated books here, but I will take other suggestions as well. How could I resist a good book recommendation?


This is the list of books I have in my possession. Already bought, paid for, and received. They are the most likely to receive my attention in 2011.

K-I-L-L FM: MUSIC TO DIE FOR by TERIC DARKEN
THE BOOK by M. CLIFFORD
CAMILLE by TESS OLIVER
THE TWICE BORN by PAULINE GEDGE
THE SEER OF EGYPT by PAULINE GEDGE
LOGOS by CHERYL by ANNE GARDNER
HEALING TOUCH by JENNA ANDERSON
FALLEN BLOOD by MARTIN C. SHARLOW
INDIGO SPRINGS by A.M. DELLAMONICA
DAY OF SACRIFICE by STACEY WALLACE BENEFIEL
THE YEAR SHE FELL by ALICIA RASLEY
SCRYERS GULCH by MEILIN MIRANDA


This is the list of books I found at the library. Since they are free and I am often getting out books from the library they'll be my back-up plan if I run out of options. Although there are a few here that look really good and it's possible they might come before some of my owned books.

SPRAY by HARRY EDGE
HARMONY by RITA MURPHY
WEST OF JANUARY by DAVE DUNCAN
PALE IMMORTAL by ANNE FRASIER
THE SILVER BOUGH by LISA TUTTLE
FOR THE KING by CATHERINE DELORS
HOT PLASTIC by PETER CRAIG
WINGS by JASON LETHCO
DAUGHTER OF WINTER by PAT L COLLINS


Finally, my wishlist! These are the books I want to read but have no way of reading unless I buy them or receive them free somehow. They may have to wait until my family's "buying ban" is over in April. However, a really good sale price may be incredibly persuasive. And you can be sure I'll be asking for at least one of these as a birthday present!

SPIDERWORK by L K RIGEL
LOOSE RABBITS by ELLEN C. MAZE
THE JUDGING by ELLEN C. MAZE
THE GARDEN KEY by ANGELA DOLBEAR
HER SANCTUARY by P.Q. GILSSON
THE VAMPIRIC HOUSEWIFE by KRISTEN MARQUETTE
THE EYES OF INNOCENCE by TIKA NEWMAN
FOREVER IN HER DREAMS by TIKA NEWMAN
WINDOW TO HER SOUL by TIKA NEWMAN
FOR THE LOVE OF ANNE by TIKA NEWMAN
A STAR CURIOUSLY SINGING by KERRY NIETZ
JEZEBEL by JACQUELINE THOMAS
NORA'S SOUL by MARGAY JUSTICE
IN HIS LOVE by DEBORAH BRODI by KRISTI KELEY
FECKLESS by ELLEN C. MAZE ET AL (YET TO BE PUBLISHED)
RABBIT REDEMPTION by ELLEN C. MAZE (YET TO BE PUBLISHED)
THE TALE OF JANE FROST by ELLEN C. MAZE (YET TO BE PUBLISHED)
LIFEBLOOD by WERNER A. LIND (YET TO BE RE-PUBLISHED)
THE KING'S MAN by PAULINE GEDGE (YET TO BE PUBLISHED)
THE TEST by J.Z. COLBY
ECHOES by MELINDA METZ
THE LAST TRACK by SAM HILLIARD
THE LONGED TALES by MOHAMMED AR
THE FOREST OF ADVENTURES by KATIE M JOHN
PERILOUS by TAMARA HART HEINER
KISMET'S KISS by CATE ROWAN
LUXURY by JESSICA RUSTON

Do you have your own list posted? I'd love to see yours as well. 
Happy New Year's, everyone! And happy reading :D
~Erika

3 comments:

  1. In an amazing coincidence, YOU are on MY mailing list to send a free copy of THE JUDGING by Ellen C. Maze. Wow, cool how that worked out, eh? Don't let it fall to the bottom of the pile, now!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, ERIKA!
    ~ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee! Thank you Ellen :D

    You know, since you are sending me a copy, it will most definitely end up near the very top of the pile. No worries about the bottom of the pile then.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving Healing Touch a try. (if you decide to read it) It's a quick read that is perfect when you are looking for something light.

    :-)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison