Sunday, January 16, 2011

In My Mailbox #4

"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. All the participants this week can be seen here.

I missed 3 weeks of posting for "In My Mailbox" and I have a lot to show! I wont link to GR or Amazon this time. Too many books here and that would take forever.


Here's what I got:



Bought with Christmas gift card:

Soulless by Gail Carriger
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Boxing Day shopping (from the Chapters Bargain section):

Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan
The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by Gordon Dahlquist

My Awesome Books order. My sister shared this site with me. They are a company in the UK that sells used and new books. In December they had a "get 4 for 3" deal going on and along with the fact that they have no shipping to Canada (and I wanted to buy some birthday gifts anyways) I couldn't resist getting myself some. Or perhaps I just found it too irresistable not to get hardcovers for $2.00! It took 3 weeks for shipping but it was totally worth it.



Prophecy of Sisters by Michelle Zink
Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
Ill Wind by Rachel Caine
Mary Antoinnette: The Journey by Antonia Fraser



 Bought with Christmas gift card (online shopping);
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
-beautiful hardcover edition!

Review copy (Kindle gifted) from the author:

Spiderwork by L.K. Rigel
- READ, and review coming early this week!
Edit: my review for Spiderwork (sequel to Space Junque) is now up: click here.


So many books all at once. But great timing to get so many. Now I really don't have to buy any books for months to come :D

THANKS FOR DROPPING BY AND CHECKING OUT MY NEW BOOKS!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, great bunch of books! Soulless is so good, I love the author's unique writing voice. I hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm LOLing here. Seriously as sisters we really should communicate more about our book buying adventures. I just bought Ill Wind this week from Awesome Books as well :) This occuring just after you bought Soulless and I already have it!

    We could be saving so much more money! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cover, Spiderwork has! It sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for Soulless I wonder how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, Andrea! Well up until now, YOU have been the one buying paranormal books. I only bought these because my library doesn't have them listed. We should definitely talk again before buying the next in either of those series. We'll save tons of money...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelsmac91 - Soulless is a pretty decent book. I'm not a book reviewer like Erika (Erika, are you going to review Soulless?) but I would say its a pretty good book worth reading, especially if you like paranormal.

    Erika - For sure. Let me know about the books you're thinking of and I'll let you know if I have any. Still need to give you the Harry Dresden series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Andrea - If I review Soulless, it will be a goodreads only review. If you want to know what I say I can send you the link when I finish (probably wont read it for another few weeks though). I had to make a cut-off criteria for this blog (it doesn't work - there are too many reviews for it already). There are so many things like articles, etc. I want to do here in addition to reviews to post about all of the books I read. Sorry!

    Eventually I may need to start another blog for the more popular books. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison