Sunday, January 23, 2011

In My Mailbox #5

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. I love this meme because it's a great way for me to talk about all my books, not just the ones I am reviewing. This week's participants can be found here.

Here are a few things I got this week:


And because there is no cover page on the kindle:


 Late Christmas present (because Amazon screwed up...big time):
The Old Testament Study Guide by Chuck Smith (Goodreads) (Amazon)

For review:
Rebellion: The Outer Territory by S. W. Benefiel (Goodreads) (Amazon)

And:
Jewish Heritage Calendar
(not a book, but close enough :))


I posted about The Old Testament Study Guide a few weeks ago, after Christmas, but now that I actually have it I thought it worth mentioning again. It looks really good. It has tons of information about verses, maps, charts, etc and at the end of each book, a set of questions for reflection. I always feel like I don't know enough about the Old Testament, so I asked for a study guide for Christmas...and I got one :D

Currently reading Rebellion. I read the first book in the series - Day of Sacrifice: The Prophecy - last weekend and will post my review of it sometime this week.

The Jewish Heritage Calendar comes from Gunn's Bakery (it's a Jewish bakery) in Winnipeg, MB where my uncle works. He sends me a calendar every year (last year he also sent me some really yummy cookies from the bakery). I really enjoy looking at the things in it too. It has three things I love to learn about: material culture, religion, and culture. Plus it's really neat to see all the month names and dates in two different formats.


THANKS FOR DROPPING BY AND CHECKING OUT MY NEW BOOKS!

What did you get in your mailbox?

1 comment:

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison