Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award




My first award!

Last week I was gifted with the “Stylish Blogger Award” from Lori at The Next Best Book Blog (see her post here).
 
Lori is made of awesome and is the wonderful moderator of one of the biggest online book clubs on the internet. How she manages to keep track of more than 7000 members without pulling her hair out is beyond me. She also reviews lots of indie books and writes very interesting posts for her fabulous blog (Can you tell that it’s one of my favourites?). I am honoured that she thinks my blog is worth checking out.

This award comes with a list of things to complete:
•    Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
•    Share 7 things about yourself
•    Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers
•    Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!


7 Things About Myself:
1. I love everything Indie, not just books!  (so much so, I plan to make my obsession into some “time out from books” post/feature here on this blog...sometime in the near future)
2. When I decorate I’m in love with birds, single trees, and of course...meadows.
3. I can’t get enough chocolate.
4. Throughout my whole life, I’ve always had a cat.
5. I very rarely re-read books. Although, I hope to start doing that more in the future.
6. I hated English class until Grade 12, when I had the most awesome English teacher ever. He showed us all how much fun you can actually have reading and writing.
7. My favourite colour at the moment is purple.

And just for fun (aka I ran out space for my things about me section), here’s my currently reading list:
- Rebellion by SW Benefiel
- Healing Touch by Jenna Anderson
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
- Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (Graphic Novel) by Eoin Colfer
- Jane by April Lindner

10 Recently Discovered Great Bloggers:
(in no particular order)

1. Curiously Spiritual Vampire Tales, The Blog (Ellen C. Maze Author Blog) – I love reading Ellen’s blog not just because she is one of my favourite authors at the moment. When she blogs about her writing, her readers, and everything else I can feel the joy of it all come through in her writing and that makes me feel happy too. I think that’s something to celebrate.

2. Pixel of Ink – Let’s us all know about free and bargain book offers for our kindles. I don’t know how she manages to do it, but I always find tons of free books on her site that I never seem to find directly on Amazon’s site. Plus, she has started having the most awesome giveaways.

3. Deb Amlen – Even though Deb Amlen’s blog hasn’t been updated in a while I can always go there when I need a laugh. There is one post in particular that never seems to loose it’s ROTFLOL factor.

4. Indie Paranormal Book Reviews – Because  I love the Friday Finds: Sweet Indie Deals posts and her I Heart Indie Book Reading Challenge is just awesome. Plus I get a lot of other great ideas of things to read and do from Michelle.

5. MotherLode – GraceKrispy reads and reviews a lot of Indie books on her site. And when I say a lot I actually mean A TON! I have a feeling I’ll be getting great ideas for books to read from her. She also has photography up there and I love looking looking at things.

6. One Mystake at a Tyme – Author Jenna Anderson lets us all know about some great deals for our kindles. But she’s not afraid to write about her everyday life and it’s always great to see that personal touch.

Hmm...I really don't read that many blogs to have 10 newly discovered ones. I'll have to leave it at that for now.


Thanks everyone, for being so great to me. I am having so much fun with my blog, meeting new authors, and new people, and reading great books. I hope it will just get better from here.

~Erika

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! You put your award up! I love seeing what you've read, and think you are doing a great job!

    Congrats, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, shucks..thanks for the shout out, Erika! I've been enjoying your blog too. So glad you joined the indie reading challenge and congrats on your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suh-WEET! Thank you, Erika, for saying such sweet things about me and my blog! I always think of it as rather shabby, sitting over there in the nether regions of the internet... Now I know that classy people like you are visiting me there! I'll keep up the good work! You are a DOLL, for real.
    Huggles~ ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for the great mention! Congrats on the award and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...you're welcome, everyone! Sorry I didn't get a chance to actually tell you I posted about your blogs yet, but I'm glad you found out anyways :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison