Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop

Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books (click the picture to be taken there) created this activity for book bloggers (and their followers) to learn about other book blogs and to find new followers and friends. I have never done one of these before and  I don't plan on doing them every single Friday but I wanted to learn a bit more of who is out there this week so this a great opportunity.

I love reading about all sorts of books and I love reading all sorts of book blogs so if you are a blogger who decides to follow me please comment and I will follow you back.

The Book Blogger Hop comes with a question to get to know the blogger better. This week's is:

"Tell us about one of your posts from this week and give us a link so we can read it (review or otherwise)!"

My answer: I actually wrote a lot this week that I'd love to share so it's hard to choose. I wrote about a blogger event I am participating in this month (I'm so excited about this - it involves more than just reading but it is still all about books!), I did a short In My Mailbox (didn't get much but I love IMM so I did up a post anyways), a review of a poetry book I read last year (and I just adore this book), and did up a little mini-reviews post last night for all the books I read in January that wouldn't normally get reviews from me. My favourite post to write up this week was the mini-reviews. But why don't you all just take a look at which one interests you? 

Share the Love of Books event
In My Mailbox
Ludie's Life (Review)
What Else I'm Reading Mini-Reviews

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and finds some new friends.

Thanks for taking the time to check me out and look around a bit. Remember to leave a comment so I can check out your blog too.

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful to visit your blog! I've never been here before, so I must follow you!

    Thanks for visiting and subscribing to mine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Just hopping by as part of the Crazy for Books blog hop and am your newest GFC follower -- nice design! :-)

    Have a nice weekend,
    Darkeva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,
    Thanks for stopping by on the blog hop; I'm enjoying your space here. Question: Is that you with the fledgling (robin?)? Attendant question: If so, or even if not, what's the significance? (Also, what's the significance of your title?)
    Curious...
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, and thanks for hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first time at your blog. It looks really nice, so I'll follow you. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have links to all my recent posts in the right column. Come see what they are. Happy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Laurie - Thanks for the questions! Here goes the long winded explanations:

    About my title - I review a lot of indie and small press books. Many of those have very few ratings on Goodreads and Amazon (they use *stars* for the rating system). When I started I wanted to review those with less than 100 reviews. Hence, 100 Stars or Less. I hope that makes sense! I have the explanation in one of my "about" pages but that's pretty much it.

    The bird - it's not me in the picture but I suppose I meant it as symbolic of me. My idea was actually to paint a watercolor of a bird with a star in it's mouth but I had no patience to do that so I settled on merging a few free stock photos together on my computer. Since this is a book blog, the bird (or star) represents the book (to be caught) and the hand represents me, the reader (who has managed to snag many books she may not have known about). Why the bird? I just love birds. I have two cats so I have to settle for pictures of birds! You'll probably notice that's my theme around here. If I have a feature or non book review post I usually find a picture of a bird to use.

    Oh my! Everything is so complicated in my head! Well, I just managed to get all my design stuff done this week so hopefully I'll be able to come up with a simpler, clearer way of explaining it later on. I hope some of that makes sense to...someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Post Is:

    This week I reviewed a work of suspense fiction that is such a wide departure from the thriller genre that I feel everyone – fans and foes of the genre alike – really should investigate.

    Hop on over to my blog and see for yourself – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Erika. I admire your thoughtful crafting of your banner... If I had any such skills, I'd try one myself! And thanks for the explanation about the stars - now the 100 part makes as much sense to me as the stars did immediately! A mash-up image with a mash-up title: works for me...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is wonderfully designed, and I love the explanation of your header images. I'm stopping by via the blog hop and I'll definitely be back to see what you're reading and reviewing. I love to read things other people haven't really found yet, so this looks like a good place to find some recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Newest Follower here via the Friday Hop. I'm also new to blogging and hopping in general. I guess you could say I'm one of those lesser known authors too. Last year I self-published my first contemporary romance novel, Bronwyn's Stand. The sequel, Anna's Strength, should come out this spring. Hope you stop by my new blog and check it out.

    Contemporary Romance Writer
    E Kelly
    http://writerekelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison