Friday, February 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop


Book Blogger Hop

Time for me to do another Book Blogger Hop! Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books (click the picture to be taken there) created this activity for book bloggers (and their followers) to learn about other book blogs and to find new followers and friends.

Today's question is:

"Do you ever wish you would have named your blog something different?"

My answer:
Well, it's the perfect name for my book topic  - books that are lesser known and don't have very many reviews (ie. "star" ratings) - because it represents it in mind so well. I am not just doing indie or small press here, but all the books that don't seem to get a ton of attention and online reviews. So in that sense, no I don't wish I had named it something different. But when I look around other book blogs and see all these awesome sounding books that are coming out or when I just find a really good read that I wish I could share it with everyone, I do kinda wish I had named it something a little more generic. The name is a little ambigous anyways. I mean, if I ever changed my mind about what I wanted to blog about, I'm sure a lot of newcomers wouldn't know the difference. But I am kind of in love with my book topic (and the name) so if I had the chance to change it, I probably wouldn't.  

ETA: Oops, I forgot to mention that I'm still on the lookout for more book blogs to follow. So please comment if you decide to follow me and I'll check out your blog to follow as well!

7 comments:

  1. What's in a name? Everything! A name is a label, a description and a promise. I'm very happy with mine - "Howard Sherman, Implementor" but it was quite a journey to get there.

    Hop on over to my blog and find out why - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Just hopping by, and now following! I like the concept of your blog - oftentimes, it is the lesser know authors who create wonderful works :)

    Feel free to stop by my blog in your spare time, www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hopping by my blog. I am one of your new followers and look forward to reading what you have to share in the future! Have a good weekend.....
    http://christysbookbasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by from the blog hop! Happy Reading!
    http://sharonsgardenofbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-friday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your blog name does express your purpose well. That's great. Mine's very generic, but, after 5 years of book blogging, it's too late to change it now. Oh well.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by a bit late- I've been busy!

    You were on my blogroll, and I'm following you as well. If you're not already a follower, please check out my blog! I review almost exclusively Indie books/small press books as well :)

    GraceKrispy
    MotherLode

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison