Saturday, February 26, 2011

In My Mailbox #10

Wow, I can't believe this is the tenth IMM I've done already. It honestly doesn't feel like it's been ten weeks since I started doing this meme. Thanks to Kristi from The Story Siren for coming up with this idea and hosting a linky every week so we can all look at each others blogs and discover new, great, books.

So, what did I get this week? (all links go to Amazon)

Physical books:


The title pretty much speaks for itelf. I got an email from Bethany House a few weeks ago about reviewing one of their non-fiction titles and I accepted this one. The theme goes with a lot of the Christian fiction books I've been reading lately so I thought it might be a nice comparison. Not sure if I want to read this one soon though. I'm not really in the mood for reading it right now :(

The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
So this lady gets fed a radioactive cocktail by her doctor one day and years later, when she's 77,  she finally decides to get revenge on him (she has a plan to kill him). It's a dark comedy, supposedly in the style of Carl Hiassen, whom I love, so I was very excited to see this book pop up about a month ago. I went out on a limb and asked Random House if I could review it for them, and guess what? They said yes! I can't wait to start this book :D

Hmm...a book about evil next to a book about revenge. They kind of look funny together if I think about it too much. Ha ha!

Ebooks:

I got...

 The Goblin Market (Into the Green) by Jennifer Hudock
Look at this cover. Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?!? This one is a fantasy about Meredith, who needs to save her sister Christina from an evil Goblin king. There is something about two different races in there and perhaps she also plays a part in the feud between the two. Great reviews. I'm looking forward to this one. It will also go perfectly with the St. Patrick's day themed reading challenge I am taking part in during March. ...From the author, for review.




Then, I got three ebooks from Jenna @ One Mystake at a Tyme who is giving away ebooks to her followers this weekend. No contest - if you want the book you get it! Isn't that awesome?!? Thank you, Jenna, for setting this up! And of course, to all the wonderful authors who are giving their books away for free :)

 Looks really good! Here's the description from Amazon: Thren Felhorn is the greatest assassin of his time. Marshalling the thieves' guilds under his control, he declares war against the Trifect, an allegiance of wealthy and powerful nobles. Aaron Felhorn has been groomed since birth to be Thren's heir. Sent to kill the daughter of a priest, Aaron instead risks his own life to protect her from the wrath of his guild. In doing so, he glimpses a world beyond poison, daggers, and the iron control of his father.Guilds twist and turn, trading allegiances for survival. The Trifect weakens, its reputation broken, its money dwindling. The players take sides as the war nears its end, and Thren puts in motion a plan to execute hundreds. Only Aaron can stop the massacre and protect those he loves...


Entangled by Barbara Ellen Brink
Love this cover. Especially the title font. Here's the description from Amazon: A Minneapolis attorney inherits a small California winery, reawakening memories that have lain dormant for twenty years. One summer of her childhood is a mystery she intends to solve. But digging up her past also lays bare the skeletons of others, including her mother’s. Entangled between what she once believed and a new reality, will she be able to live with the consequences of full disclosure?

 


 Snow Burn  by Joel Arnold
I thought this one sounded really interesting. Here's the description from Amazon: Seventeen-year old Tommy Connell knows he’s in trouble when he goes winter camping with his friend Vince Nguyen without telling his folks. But when they’re caught in a sudden blizzard, and the man they rescue from freezing to death turns out to be an escaped convict, Tommy’s troubles are only beginning. Now Tommy and Vince must not only survive the blizzard, but also find a way to keep Quinn – who’ll stop at nothing to stay out of prison – from killing them. 




And that's it! I'm really behind on responding to all the authors who want me to read their books. Sorry authors. I will get to you soon, I promise!

So, what did you get in your mailbox?

5 comments:

  1. Nice! You've got some pretty cool books there, Radioactive Lady looks fantastic! I'm your newest follower :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely buying radioactive lady!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting books this week. I don't think I've heard of any of them. Hope you have a fun reading week!

    Check out my IMM here

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great theme for a blog. I wish I was a better person enough to focus on these small press books, but I have so many classics I still ned to catch up on. I did hear about this one book called Tinkers that a good friend of mine was raving about and I intend on reading that one...

    Love the look of your blog as well.

    Thanks for entering my contest. I'm now a new follower of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lazy Girl Reads, Krystal, and Jennifer! I hope to get to all the really neat books soon so I can share with everyone. I read the first chapter of Revenge of the Radioactive Lady and it was fantastic. I'm really looking forward to the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison