Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Inside the book 100 Sacred Places

For my birthday last week, my husband bought me the book 100 Sacred Places: A Discovery of the World's Most Revered Holy Sites. It's what some people would call a "coffee-table" book. It has lot's of photos and lots of small chapters, or articles, about different places all over the world that are considered 'sacred'. We have a lot of coffee-table books around here. I've been thinking about this idea for a long time -  to be able to share some of the great photos or illustrations, and the great layouts that are inside these books. In fact, it was one of the main things I had in mind when starting 100 Stars Or Less. I had a mental road block though - my scanner was not hooked up to my computer, or covered with mounds of papers awaiting filing, and besides, that was just way to slow an option to write up a quick post here and there. And then on Sunday, taking pictures for my IMM post, it dawned on me to actually try photography instead. Well, here's how my first attempt turned out. They aren't the best pictures I've ever taken and there is a bit of glare but I promise, if I do this again, my attempts will get a lot better.


Cover:
(There actually is no cover on Amazon or Goodreads so the photograph for this will have to do as well.)


What's inside? Take a look:

Stonehenge and Avebury

 Shinto Shrines

Africa (section title page)


And that's all the photos I took for this book. I hope you enjoyed your little tour through 100 Sacred Places: A Discovery of the World's Most Revered Holy Sites.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the kind of thing Ryan would like to take a look at :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison