Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop + Twitter

Book Blogger Hop

 Today's Book Blogger Hop question is:

"If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?"

I would pick up:



I guess that's pretty boring. They're all books everyone else is reading right now already or so many people have read in the past. I only want to buy books I'm going to read right away though and I have so many review books I'm pretty sure I'd just pick up fun or fantastic easy reads in the young adult genre. I did look up some others on my indie wishlist that I'd want to read now but they would be either out of print or I'd go over the $80 budget (and I'm assuming by "store" the question excludes kindle books).


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


And I have an announcement:



I joined twitter. So if you'd like to see my little update notices or whatever other bookish thoughts/news I have going on, please follow me there as well.

Here I am:


Also, please let me know where to find you on twitter if you have an account there as well. I'm still trying to figure out how it works and everything but I'd still love to see what book news everyone else is sharing as well.

9 comments:

  1. Just hopping by. Great picks. Forgive My Fins was awesome.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive My Fins is a lot of fun! :) I just bought Sean Griswold's head a couple days ago! Really looking forward to reading it!!

    And welcome to twitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by to check out your choices. Good picks! Have a good weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm the one who hasn't even heard of the books you mention, not to speak bout reading them, so don't worry about being boring. The titles sound promising though, so I'll try to check them out in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by...I love the name of your blog...I have one called Stardust Dreams.

    Thanks for stopping by my Curl up and Read blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

    The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

    Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crank was great. The others I haven't heard of. Happy Hop day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I fall was an eye opening book for me! Coming through on the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by! I missed doing the blog hop this week (I barely managed to get dressed each day this week!), but wanted to say "hi" anyway!

    I am on Twitter, but don't really know how to use it. It's a little overwhelming. But I'm here: @GKMotherLode (am I supposed to put @? I think so! See, I don't even know!)

    Happy spring forward ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison