Sunday, April 17, 2011

In My Mailbox #15

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Thanks Kristi!

Here are the books I got this week:


Bought from The Book Depository when they had their 10% off sale (still awaiting another book I bought at the same time)


Book gifted for RAK! She send me a lovely UK paperback version. Notice how the title is in capitals? I've never seen a US version yet that had that. 
 Thanks to Bex at An Armchair by the Sea


I haven't had a chance to read a book by Kenneth Oppel yet despite the fact that many of them are on my TBR list. But I heard that he is the current "Writer-in-Residence" for my library and saw one of his talks was going to be devoted to his research for Half Brother (which is the one I am currently most interested in) so I just had to go and see him. I bought his book and he signed it for me and even was nice to let me take my picture with him. So, I'll being doing a bigger post about this over on my Y.A. blog but for now I just wanted to share with you the two pictures.




Also, congrats to Ken! It was just announced on Friday that this book, Half Brother, won the CLA award in two categories - Children's Fiction AND Young Adult Fiction.


Okay now for my review books. I got three novellas to read on my kindle from author Scott Nicholson. Thank you Scott!


Summary: Private investigator Richard Steele must solve his most difficult case ever—his own murder—while caught between women on both sides of the grave. His lover Lee is tangled up in the mess he left behind, and his dead ex-wife has been waiting on the other side for her chance at revenge.

In a race against time as his spirit slips away, Richard confronts his many, many failings and faces a power beyond his understanding--love.

And it's going to be a hell of a final showdown.


Summary: When John Moretz takes a job as a reporter in the Appalachian town of Sycamore Shade, a crime wave erupts that boosts circulation and leaves people uneasy. Then a murder victim is discovered, and Moretz is first on the scene.

As more bodies are discovered, Moretz comes under police suspicion, but the newspaper's sales are booming due to his coverage of sensational crime. His editor is torn between calling off his newshound and cashing in on the attention, plus the editor is romancing the big-city reporter assigned to cover the suspected serial killer.

And Moretz seems to be one step ahead of the other reporters, the police, and even the killer himself.


Summary: When John Moretz takes a job as a reporter in the Appalachian town of Sycamore Shade, a crime wave erupts that boosts circulation and leaves people uneasy. Then a murder victim is discovered, and Moretz is first on the scene.

As more bodies are discovered, Moretz comes under police suspicion, but the newspaper's sales are booming due to his coverage of sensational crime. His editor is torn between calling off his newshound and cashing in on the attention, plus the editor is romancing the big-city reporter assigned to cover the suspected serial killer.

And Moretz seems to be one step ahead of the other reporters, the police, and even the killer himself.



What did you get in your mailbox? 
 

2 comments:

  1. Kenneth Oppel's Half-Brother! You lucky duck. *jealous* Enjoy your books!

    Here's my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to read Before I Fall. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison