Monday, June 27, 2011

Highlights from Waterloo Region: About Waterloo Region, a guest post from Sarah of Workaday Reads




Highlights from Waterloo Region was created in order to give more exposure to the local authors, bloggers, readers, publishers, book events and more in the community. Please go to the Introducing...Highlights from Waterloo Region page for an archive of past highlights or to find out more about how you can become involved.


About Waterloo Region


I'm Sarah from Workaday Reads. I'm here today to talk a bit about where I live: the Waterloo Region in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Before I start, let me say that I'm so happy to have found Erika's blog. I found her when I was Google searching for local book blogs. She's the only one I've found so far. But I was so excited to do so. There is something about finding local people online that is so thrilling. I had to email her right away. Her response? She'd already heard of my blog. I'm famous! LOL! When she asked if I'd write a guest post, you know I jumped on it.

I moved to Waterloo region to go to university. That didn't last more than a year, but I stuck around because I fell in love with the area. This is a big city with a small town feel. You can find all the shopping and activities you want, and yet still walk safely down the street at night by yourself.

Since I'm a book blogger, books are obviously important to me. In turn, so are libraries. And I totally love the Region's libraries, especially the Kitchener Public Library. The main branch is currently being renovated and expanded, and should look amazing when it is done in early 2013.

I have been a patron of the KPL for ten years now and I have only good things to say about it. One of my favourite features is the website. They have their full catalogue online. Not only is it searchable, you can see if the item is available, and place a hold if necessary. Very cool, and such a great feature for anyone who doesn't have the time to search in person.

There are so many other great things I could say about the area, but I'll leave it at just the one for now. Libraries are so important to communities. Have you checked out yours lately?


Link to Workaday Reads



Local Blog: Workaday Reads
Blogger: Sarah
Blogs about: Books
Includes: Book reviews (Fiction, Nonfiction, and Children's books including audiobooks), giveaways, blog tours for authors, book memes, and more.
Screen shot:



3 comments:

  1. Greetings from Southern California

    I added myself to follow your blog.

    I invite you to visit TOGB and become a follower.

    Have a Nice Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having today, Erika. It was fun talking about Waterloo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Sarah :) Thank you for the nice words about Waterloo and Kitchener Public Library. The library does so much for our community. They deserve so much praise!

    @ Old Geezer - Thanks for stopping by and I'll go check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison