Thursday, June 30, 2011

Review: The Little Book That Loves You by Elle Shearson


Publishing Information:
Title – The Little Book That Loves You
Author – Elle Shearson
Publisher – ic7 media
Date Published -2011
# of pages - 50

Genres & Themes: Nonfiction, prose, love, relationships

Stats:
GoodReads – 4 Ratings, 4.25 Average Rating
Amazon.com – 8 Ratings, 5.0 Average Rating

My Rating: 4/5

Summary:

"I hope you receive my tiny message. I love you.
That's my whole message. And the most important
part of that message is you.

There is light in you. I see your light. I don't know who
else can see it, but I see it bright and strong and it is
my one hope.

I don't even look up at the stars anymore because of you.
Your footprints sparkle. Your hair is alive.

I just want you to be honored and loved. Someday
the whole world will put its arms around you.

Please know that someone is always on your side.
Always saying yes to you. Always saying no to those
who say no to you."


This book was written as a love letter by the author to her
mom and dad after their divorce. She wrote it out by hand
in a composition notebook, and gave it to her father.

She then copied it into a second notebook, and gave it
to her mom. Elle never intended the book to be seen by
anyone but her family. But a friend of her dad told her
that this book could maybe brighten the day of a whole
bunch of people, if they could see it.

If you want to know that you are really loved, and if you
simply want to say "I Love You" to friends and family,
then get this book.


This book is 50 pages long. And includes "The Story of Elle Shearson."


What I thought:

This book was marvellous. It was a short book that I managed to drag out for weeks just to be around it for a little bit longer. The Little Book That Loves You is a series of short passages that each say something about why you, the reader, are loveable. It is akin to a love letter in the sense that they often feel quite romantic in both what the passages say and how they say it. For example, one of the first things the book says is:

“There is light in you. I see your light. I don't know who
else can see it, but I see it bright and strong and it is
my one hope.”

 
As I said, I dragged this book out for weeks. It was quite easy just to read one or two kindle "pages" (or turns?) each day and not have to worry about remembering what exactly came before it since there was not really any story per say. This worked out quite well for me, as each day I was able to feel a little bit loved. Yes, the book really does what the title suggests and even though it was originally written for her divorced parents, Elle Shearson's words still managed to touch me, a stranger for all accounts and purposes and made me feel great about myself. I would say this book was a very good morale booster for me and I would suggest anyone who really just wants to feel all warm and fuzzy inside pick it up.
 
I give this book a 4/5 because although I felt really loved while reading it, at times it did feel a little superficial. I would rather someone I do know tell me a different reason they love me every day. Even so, this book is one of the best substitutes I could find, or if you don't need a subsitute for love, one of the best compliments to that love. It is a reminder that no matter how many times a person tells you they love you, it is just as true from one moment to the next.


Disclaimer: I was asked by the author for an honest review and  I received an ecopy of this book from the publisher at no cost to me.


Recommended to:  Everyone!, More specifically, those wanting a morale booster and those who like the warm and fuzzy feeling of happiness.

Where you can purchase this book:
Amazon Kindle


Add this book to your tbr list:

Visit the  The Little Book That Loves You  Goodreads page.





8 comments:

  1. hey! i'm holding a HUGE books/swag giveaway right now for those who support cancer relief! please go by my blog and enter! =]

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful!
    Keep it coming!! :)
    I'm always here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone loves what you guys are up too. Such clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the fantastic works guys I've you guys to blogroll.
    My page ... business laser checks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just couldn't depart your web site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info an individual supply in your visitors? Is gonna be again continuously to check out new posts

    my webpage ... http://www.osteopatiacreso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Discover_The_Top_Secret_Way_To_Stop_Smoking_While_Pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable familiarity on
    the topic of unpredicted feelings.

    Here is my webpage; mindshake.de
    Also see my web site - Vacation insurance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers except this piece of writing is genuinely a good paragraph, keep it up.


    Feel free to surf to my page froxh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about variety. Regards

    Also visit my homepage: walking calculator

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are going for most excellent contents like myself, simply pay a quick visit
    this website daily as it presents feature contents, thanks

    Also visit my blog - coffee house

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison