Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some Indie and Small Press Cover Love

Sharing the love for some wonderful indie and small press book covers.


Zor by J.B.

Why do I love it?
The design is simple and yet very visually stimulating. That colour of yellow is just marvellous, and how often do you see yellow-themed covers? It's wonderful to see something different for a change.



Bad Boy by Reussie Miliardario

Why do I love it?
So many indie covers I find are dark. This one is bright, without being an overbearing brightness. The couple on the front are lovely, and I love that they are sitting in a field instead of on green grass or a beach like many romance young adult books out there. Basically, it's different without being too different.

Witch Song by Amber Argyle

Why do I love it?
That girl! She looks like a doll. It actually reminds me a lot of the She Smells The Dead cover featured in the previous Indie Cover Love post.



Familar Scars by Christy Leigh Stewart

Why do I love it?
Loving the playfulness of the art and the way the colour scheme (or in this case, the black and white) was used as part of the art and not just an afterthought. It's very obvious to me that a lot of creativity went into this one despite the simplicity of it. Every time I see this book cover on Goodreads, it just really draws me in.


Bound to Love by Sally Clements

Why do I love it?
There's a lot going on here, but all the elements included are put together in a way that gives it great flow. It has a feeling of being simple and yet it's not. It makes me want to find out more about the story too. What's with the Eiffel Tower? Who is this woman with the marvellous head of red hair, and why is faced away from us. The cover alone tells a story that in itself is not complete, but it's an interesting start.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous covers. I especially love the yellow one, and the black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Sarah. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks these covers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison