Sunday, September 4, 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It's where bloggers can link up and share which books they have acquired during the week. This is a great way to share and discover new books with each other.

I was away again last Sunday. I took the photos for my IMM post but didn't have a chance to post them. Therefore this post includes two weeks worth of additions to my book collections.

August 21-28

For review and won:

Death in the City of Light by David King (from Crown Publishers via Shelf Awareness)
Blood Trust by Eric Van Lustbader (won from Drey's Library)

For review, won, gifted: 



The Mighty Walzer by Howard Jacobson (my first LibraryThing Early Reviewers win!)
When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman (won from Life in Review)
The Constant Princess by Philipa Gregory (gifted from my mother)




Here is a cute little button. It arrived in June but forgot to post about it. Everyone who entered Randy Russel's giveaway to support teen reading and Indie book stores were sent their choice of a Dead Rules button and he personally wrote a little note giving his thanks for entering. What a nice thing to do!


August 29-Sept 3

Bought and for Review:



Frankenstein Makes A Sandwhich by Adam Rex (bought from A Second Look used book store)
Upper Cut by Carrie White (from Atria Books via Shelf Awareness)
Terrier (Beka Cooper #1) by Tamora Pierce (bought from Casablanca Books used book store)
Bloodhound (Beka Cooper #2) by Tamora Pierce (bought from Casablanca Books used book store)
Deep Secret by Diana Wynne Jones (bought from discarded library books)

Frankenstein Makes a Sandwhich - Under the dust jacket


Frankenstein Makes a Sandwhich is a children's book with mini stories about all sorts of famous horror characters. I thought it would make a good book to add to my shelves as a 'collection piece'. I have no idea what 'collection' that is...but oh well...I had to have it.

I have not read anything by Tamora Pierce or Diana Wynne Jones before. Since both of them are so often cited by my GoodReads friends as favourite YA fantasy writers, I thought it was about time I give them a try. I will be waiting on the Alanna books before I get to Terrier though...I think.

And that's it. Thank you to everyone who sent me a book over the last few weeks! Am still working on some sort of ebook showcase thing since most of my review books are now ebooks.

Don't forget to check out my giveaways going on right now. Melody and the Pier to Forever (free Smashwords coupon for all!) and Carry on the Flame ebook. Both are young adult fantasy.


So, what did you get in your mailbox?



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison