Saturday, January 14, 2012

Book Review: Domino: The Book of Decorating by Deborah Needleman

 Publishing Info:
Title - Domino: The Book of Decorating: A Room-by-Room Guide to Creating a Home That Makes You Happy
Author -Deborah Needleman, Sara Costello, Dara Coponigro
Publisher - Simon & Schuster
Date published - 2008
# of pages - 272

Summary:

Domino: The Book of Decorating cracks the code to creating a beautiful home, bringing together inspiring rooms, how-to advice and insiders' secrets from today's premier tastemakers in an indispensable style manual. The editors take readers room by room, tapping the best ideas from domino magazine and culling insights from their own experiences. With an eye to making design accessible and exciting, this book demystifies the decorating process and provides the tools for making spaces that are personal, functional and fabulous.

My Rating: 5/5

Thoughts:

I am completely obsessed with this book. I've had it out from the library about two weeks and have spent at least an hour a day just browsing through the pictures, reading a few paragraphs here and there and getting a TON of great solutions and ideas for decorating my own house. I love that it comes with a built in ribbon bookmark. I have that placed in the page with what is now my dream bookshelves. This is the best decorating idea book I've seen from my library finds. Everything is organized so well and there are a lot pictures crammed into it to show different room designs. Everything is just the style I love. Nothing too modern or too traditional. I am spending my Christmas money on this one just so I can have my own and continue to look through as I slowly update my home.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the library.

You can purchase Domino: The Book of Decorating in hardcover format from Amazon
 
You can check out more reviews or add it to your Goodreads list.

1 comment:

  1. I love books that come with a bookmark. It makes my life easier.

    This book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison