Saturday, February 4, 2012

Joining the To Be Read Reading Challenge

I know I already joined a TBR reading challenge this year but earlier this week I went and joined another - and for good reason! Whereas my TBR PILE Reading Challenge is more for review books and my giant YA stack, this one is more for my literary and adult books that I've been neglecting since I started the two blogs. It is a much smaller goal and so I hope to at least get a taste of that side of my bookshelf this year!

Okay, technically I have been part of this Goodreads group for a few years now but haven't really played by the exact rules.

Here are the rules:



The "To Be Read" Reading Challenge.

Every book-addict knows the problem. We have tons of unread books on our shelves, yet we never seem to get to read them, as we always go out to buy new books instead, borrow them from friends or take them out of the library.

This group is for people who want to try to change that. The goal is to each month read one book from your shelves that you've never read before. Every 6 months, post a list of the 6 books you want to read next, and then let us know how you're doing.

If you really want to be dedicated - create a tbr-reading-challenge shelf and add the books there, so we can see how you're doing and perhaps be inspired by your choices.

This is all in good fun - no prizes or punishment, just the pleasure of getting to enjoy unread books.  

These are the 6 books I've chosen to read off my shelves:

1. When God Was A Rabbit by Sarah Winman
2. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
3. The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
4. The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova
5. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
6. Ladyhawke by Joan D. Virge

Since this challenge is for 6 books over 6 months, there wont be a monthly wrap-up post, but I will review each one and then let you all know at the end of the 6 if I plan to read any more this year. Let me know what you think of this book selection. Any I should read first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison