Saturday, September 22, 2012

On My Wishlist: Bake Sale



On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Sarah of Workaday Reads. My wishlist is growing again so it's time to start sharing more great finds I can't wait to get my hands on!

I've been wanting this book forever:

Bake Sale by Sara Varon

Published by First Second, 2011

Cupcake’s life is pretty good. He’s got his bakery, and his band, and his best friend, Eggplant. His days are full of cooking, socializing, and playing music. But lately, Cupcake has been struggling in the kitchen. He’s sure the solution to all his problems is out there somewhere. But maybe that solution is hiding closer to home.

Sara Varon returns with an ageless tale as dreamy and evocative as her break-out hit graphic novel Robot Dreams. At once deeply metaphorical and hilariously literal, Bake Sale is a story for anyone who’s ever looked for an easy answer to life’s intractable difficulties. It’s also a cookbook: Varon includes seven delicious recipes, from classic cupcakes to sugared flower petals to marzipan.

This is a graphic novel about a cupcake...who makes cupcakes. Yeah. I have a feeling when I actually do get to it there will be lots of baking...or drooling...going on.

 

3 comments:

  1. This looks so cute. I would definitely need to be eating a cupcake while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so awesome! Definitely adding it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks pretty interesting, I think I might have to add it to my reading list. And I agree, it will have to be read while eating TONS of cupcakes, not that I have a problem with that...

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison