Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Picture Book Review: Up A Tree With Chicken Soup! by Clayton J. Liotta

Up A Tree With Chicken Soup!

Words by Clayton J. Liotta
Illustrated by Clayton J. Liotta
Published by Liottastudios
Published in 2012
38 Pages
Ages ? (Young children)
 
Summary:
 
"Up A Tree With Chicken Soup” is a charming story about the wonder of a child’s vivid imagination. Follow a young boy as he goes out in search of adventure, with Chicken Soup of course. Is it real or imaginary??? You be the judge... It is sure to bring out the child in us all...
 
A line or two: 

I reached the first branch and pulled myself up.
When I heard a small voice call out, "What's sup?"
I looked and there stood a very small mouse,
And he was standing right in front of a very small house.



My Thoughts:

After reading a loving Clayton J. Liotta's other book, I Thought I Saw a Dragon Late Last Night! I received a surprise package with three of his newest creations. Up A Tree With Chicken Soup! had the most intriguing title, and so, I picked it up first.


I love the art style in these books. You can tell they are all made by the same person and they are all formatted the same so they feel like a complete set. I know it's a little strange to be mentioning this, but so often that is not the case. Clayton has a very recognizable style though and easy to spot on the bookshelf so I know I'll be able to find another one quick and easy.


Up A Tree With Chicken Soup! is about a boy who goes climbing a tree to find some adventure. He sure does! There are all sorts of little animals there and they all at some point ask him for a little of his chicken soup in the thermos he brought along with him. At the end of the story he finally gets to sit down and have some himself but it's all gone. What do the animals do for him? They make him another batch of chicken soup so he can stay and sit a while longer! This story is so cute and fun to read. It really made me smile.


Another great addition to our growing children's book collection.




Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

You can purchase Up A Tree With Chicken Soup! in paperback from Amazon.com.
 
You can also add it to your Goodreads list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison